Apart from a number of improvements “under the hood”, this new release provides new and enhanced functionality and fixes an issue with the Tabular Form Review feature.
- Fix Broken Cross-References (REF Fields). You might have come across Word documents that contained text like “Error! Reference source not found” (or the corresponding wording in your local language). Word creates this text when you update broken cross-references, i.e., REF fields with bookmark names that no longer exist. DokuMate for Word and Excel now contain additional functions in their respective Cleanup menus that can often fix such broken cross-references, unless you already see the above error message. Overall, this feature is very powerful:
- DokuMate uses artificial intelligence (AI) to do this. Specifically, DokuMate leverages Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques to identify candidate reference sources even in case you might have made changes to a certain extent. For example, it will be able to identify the headings “Customer Resources” or “Cancellation of Resource Requests” as reference sources if the current field values are “The Customer’s resources” or “Cancelation of Resource Requests” (note the spelling differences), respectively.
- DokuMate for Excel allows you to fix a large number of documents very efficiently and it reports on what it has done per document.
- Remove Reference Numbers. If you have transformed documents from the tabular or ReportCard form into the narrative form, you might have chosen to also project (or render) the reference numbers, e.g., to quickly match the paragraphs in the narrative document with the rows in the tabular document. At some point in time, you’ll likely want to remove the reference numbers, which this function does for you. And it is offered in both DokuMate for Word and Excel so that you can do this for individual documents and large sets of documents.
- Report DocumentTracker Errors. Previously, when errors occurred while creating a DocumentTracker, DokuMate just reported semi-helpful error messages and then did not create the DocumentTracker. With this release, DokuMate creates a DocumentTracker and includes error messages in an error column next to the documents which caused an error.
- Better Error Messages in Excel. Under certain circumstances, Excel reports errors that DokuMate simply relayed to the end-user. This release provides more friendly error messages.
- Tabular Form Review Feature. On certain machines and under certain circumstances, the Propose Change and Accept Right functions of the Tabular Form Review Feature did not work because of a Word error. This release fixes that issue.